Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just Being Two


Today I came into my living room to see what looked like Kado brushing Feintsje with a whisk broom. Being the proper Beppe that I am, I pointed out to Kado that Feintsje is CLEAN and that whisk brooms are only used on dirty things.

When I returned from disposing of a diaper, this is how I found Kado. Playing chimney sweep with the whisk broom in the mess that is my fireplace. As I expressed my horror he said something like "THITHS is DIRTY." Why, yes. Yes this most certainly is.

Two is my all time FAVORITE age. Mostly because of the mixture of honesty and sass.

Monday I heard Kado say to Feintsje in perfectly clear English, "Good night Feintsje. Sweet dreams!"

Although from time to time I still need a translator.


Monday he also approached me -grabbed my leg - and demanded Ben Bar Schwandershons.
I must have said "WHAT?" in my sweetest voice a half dozen times before Famke chimed in with "He wants a peanut butter sandwich."

Today we did not play with my great idea from the post below. Only because I am again (or is it still?) battling the illness that has been bouncing around our family for over a month now.

Today making bottles, changing diapers and making ben bar schwandershons took up all the energy I had. So I threw a sheet over some chairs and called it good. Since I hadn't done that in awhile, they LOVED it. Although they could not figure out how I knew they had brought crackers into the tent.




4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ben Bar Schwandershons


loooooooooooooooooooove it...

do get well!!

Annie said...

I like my ben bar schwandershons with some jebbie, personally.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Your grands warm my heart :0)with their cuteness.

Mary said...

This post had me giggling. They are so cute at that age. Well, this grandma thinks they are cute at all ages but your grands are adorable.