Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thrifty Saturday


Since it is no longer January, I am free to thrift shop again!
Sadly I did not find all that much of a turnover from the end of December.
But, I did find these three adorable plastic angels who will someday find their way into a shadow box.
Aren't they cute? And I LOVE the color. They were still tightly tied into the box they came in.
THGGM found this NEW lamp shade. We have several lamps around here in need of shades. This one will be going into the guest room. He also found a shirt, but clothes were 'buy one get two free', so someone else will be getting two shirts.


I also found four books. One of them "Poems of the Midwest" by Carl Sandburg. I don't think I really like Carl all that much, but the book was the right color, and I am seriously looking to increase my knowledge of poetry. I read a lot of Sandra Boynton and Dr. Seuss now, so I feel I need some balance. I also came home with two Pearl S. Buck novels and Kathleen Norris' "Amazing Grace".




I also found this really cool school chair for Baby Boy. His daddy built him shelves for his books, and now he will have a little chair so he can use the bottom shelf as a table.
I found two Baby Gap shirts for him also.
Let's see...what else...
Oh, I got a terrific piece of upholstery material. A yard and a half of cream on cream for 75 cents. Another 99 cent arpon on which I can embroidery something cute, and a salt shaker.
And now I will add a little note. When I got up this morning, there in my mouse trap were two mice. TWO. In the same trap! However does this happen? Really. We have plenty of traps for everyone, but this looked like it just may have been some sort of lovers suicide. Once it turned bitterly cold here two weeks ago, those little buggers have found a new way in. I would not be surprised if they had keys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no...not mice again!! There must be some kind of welcome mat out for them someplace...but very nice that 2 were caught!!

Melissa said...

romeo and juliet?

I like the angels too and as to Sandburg - I like some of his less well-known stuff.


I've read most of Norris's Amazing Grace...it is good imho

Geekwif said...

What finds! I gotta start thrift shopping more often.

And how weird that there were 2 mice!?! I can't even wrap my head around how that happened. Very weird indeed.

Judy said...

You know, I ALMOST took a picture of it, it was THAT weird.

Or, maybe I'M that weird.

But, I didn't. And, if I had, whatever would I do with it?

I would never put a picture of any sort of dead animals on my blog.