Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday


Baby Boy came to play today. Although, we didn't do much playing. He is not feeling well. He is unable to understand what a runny nose is, and is very unhappy about having one. I am popping vitamin C's like they are candy. I do not want this, oh no I don't!
The Greats could not visit today. My dad will need to be off of his broken leg for six weeks at least. He broke the smaller of the two bones that make up the leg between the ankle and the knee. A nice clean break which is already showing signs of healing.
I watched "The Office" tonight. It was four weeks ago tonight that we had a bat flying around our bedroom. It was TOO soon for me to watch a bat flying around on TV. I was retraumatized and will probably be reverting back to childish behaviours.
For Valentine's Day, THGGM and I watched Baby Boy so his daddy and mommy could go out for dinner.
I must also tell you of my milestone achievement. I can recite the entire book "The Folks in the Valley" from memory. It took me a year, but by golly, I did it! Now I'm moving on to "The Barnyard Dance". I told Daughter today that I am going to design badges to sew onto a vest to mark these milestones in my life as "Beppe".
And, now I must go to bed. Again, I am finding myself to be unbelievable tired lately. I took a morning nap with Baby Boy, but he woke up screaming right into my ear and I have been ornery ever since. Then, he took a nice long afternoon nap - nearly two hours - but he would only sleep if I held him. That is, if I held him PERFECTLY still. I never quite woke up from THAT nap. So, tonight I will finish up Wuthering Heights and will look for something light and fluffy to read.
Something like "Mr. Brown Can Moo".

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Now that the girls have moved to longer books it doesn't happen. But when they were little especially C *the oldest" I would find myself so exhausted when reading to them that I would close my eyes and recite the story from memory, peeking them open occasionally to make sure I was on the right page.

It might be that I did it more with C because we had about six set books we read nearly every night when she was tiny.

If I get going, I think I can still do "Goodnight Moon" and probably "Pajama Time."

Don't you love Sandra Boynton?

MissKris said...

Well, I'm pretty good with "The Doodlebops" theme song. I think I could sing it in my sleep, I've heard it so many times. I hope the little guy gets to feeling better. Dylan suffered thru a runny nose for a couple of weeks but then we felt around in his mouth and discovered another tooth. I slept in until almost 7 this morning and it was WONDERFUL!!! Now, if only I could get my stomach to feeling better I'd be a happy camper, ha! I'll be keeping your folks in my prayers...that can not be an easy situation.

Debra said...

So sorry to hear about your dad's foot/ankle...sigh... You reminded me of a book my daughter used to always have me read then we both memorized it when she was 3. And now 24 years later I can still recall how it began, "East, West, Home is best. Sometime home's a hanging nest." ...heh... Some things never leave us... (I know you are impressed.) :) Blessings, Debra

Pat said...

He has the sweetest face (I'm sure you may have noticed) I often stop by to check on his progress.
What wonderful memories the two of you are creating. Wish my grands were that little again!

Jill said...

I don't think I could memorize a recipe right now, letalone a book. Amazing, Judy!