Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, March 26, 2007

Sad Bad News

My kids are very close in age. They all know each other's childhood friends.

Tonight it was decided that one of those friends be taken off life support.

Suicide.

He was one of Oldest Son's friends.

A classmate of Daughter's

The brother of one of Youngest Son's roommates.

Please pray for Tom and Cindy and the three brothers -

that in the horror the next few days will bring, the peace of God will cover them, and sustain them for the rest of their lives.

11 comments:

Pat said...

What words could I say to possibly address the pain which the family and friends must be feeling...only that I will be praying. God supplies the comfort that can only be found in Him.

Melissa said...

Life is a dirty business sometimes, isn't it?

I will pray.

Anonymous said...

This poor family...how awful!! Well, in all grief the most important thing is to feel love...I will always remember one who made homemade rolls during our worst tragedy! Many people bought food, but that one stuck in my mind! And those who were simply there, to listen and hug. Prayers for you all in this too!! My hubby came home sad and depressed yesterday, a 43 yr. old man just dropped dead over the weekend, had worked up till Friday and I guess the stress of the job brought on a massive heart attack. No promise of tomorrow...each day a gift to be enjoyed so much as we can. We live in hard days. May the FATHER be with us all!!

MissKris said...

I think I know how you feel, and the family too, considering our neighbors' son-in-law committed suicide during the holiday season last Fall. May God keep them all tucked within the comforting hollow of His hand and close to His heart.

Linda said...

I'm sorry.

karla said...

I have chills and goosebumps and that burning feeling behind my eyes that I get when I don't want to break out in tears.

Bless that poor family.

Robin said...

I'm so sorry. Life is so, so hard sometimes. I will be praying for their family and yours.

Debra said...

Judy... I am so sorry and will be praying for all who are touched by this tragedy... Hugs, Debra

joyce said...

Yeah.
I can't remember if I sent you an e-mail when that happened in my life just last week.
OUCH>

Angela said...

I'm so sorry. there are no sufficient words to describe the pain. I'm glad you care about the whole family, as they'll need all the love and support they can receive.

Yvonne said...

I'm so sorry - how sad to think that he was in so much pain that he felt the only answer was to take his own life. Now the family has to live with wondering what could have been different, what they could have done. Praying for the family and for your kids, that you all find some sort of peace in the wake of this sad news.