I found this charming little Dutch girl marked occupied Japan on one of our weekend thrifting/antiquing forays.
If I had a lamp she could stand on, I would use her for a finial. Since I do not, she is acquainting herself with her Dutch relatives in the old kitchen cupboard. She will require a good cleaning.
She is hugging the most adorable goose! Hard to get a good picture of him.

1 comment:
Stashed away somewhere in one of my infamous stashing spots is some old Occupied Japan china pieces that belonged to my paternal grandma. Tiny tea plates with yellow ducks on them. Doesn't that War seem a million years ago now? I wish all other wars seemed that far away too, sigh. I'm hoping this comment will come thru...I haven't had much luck here getting any to post the past few days. Have a great week, Judy!
Post a Comment