Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, April 30, 2007

My Monday



Baby Boy and I had an enjoyable afternoon.
I felt compelled to call him Boris.
This mink hat has proven to be one of my best purchases.
It made Boris look adorable.
My 'friend' from past posts used it to play "Queen Daphne" and point her cane at sweet faced dollies and pronounce them "Disgusting!".
And the words ' daphne mink' brought a lot of traffic to my blog!


But, sadly, this is what I saw most of the day.
Someone has two extremely sore spots in his mouth where teeth are struggling to come through.
Don't think I didn't have thoughts of getting a file and scrapping away at his poor gums.
I saw this look and this position most of the day. And, he came early.
I sure hope those teeth pop through during the night tonight.



He does love bubble blowing.
He spilled these bubbles, which means - if you remember bubble blowing days - that we were both extremely slippery.

In his saddened condition, he did NOT enjoy the dandelion picnic this morning. And it was SUCH a beautiful morning! So, when an airplane flew overhead our morning outside in the nice warm sunshine came to a screeching - and I DO mean screeching - halt.

Then, in the late afternoon when I had to hurry out to bring in all of our equipment from this morning, he suddenly wanted to dance around in the sprinkles. Wearing only a diaper, and the mink hat. So charming.







I did manage to put together this little frame. It represents the only VISIBLE thing I accomplished today.
It was one of those 'make your own frames'. I had planned to paint it green, but got the idea while making a fresh pot of coffee to just stamp on it with the old coffee filter! I like it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Boris pictures! Hilarious.

love,

Christine

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!! My girls both had an awful time getting in their teeth while I even missed when some of my son's came in and he was the first child!! Sure a difference in kids! Hope you have some of that herbal stuff to rub on his gums. Seemed to help my grandkids with their teething pain.

MissKris said...

Well, Dylan seems to have a fairly happy mouth at the moment tho he's doing a lot of biting, which means SOMETHING is going on in there. But he's sweet-tempered and happy, so I'm not complaining. I had him for a long day, too. My d-i-l was home sick so I had him from around 5:30 am 'til close to 6 last nite. A LONG day indeed. But we split it up with a couple of long walks, an hour and a half in the morning, an hour in the mid-afternoon. Maybe I'll write Grandma's version of "A Walk Across America"...Dylan would be more than happy to accompany me every step of the way, haha!

Yvonne said...

You are so inovative - using the coffee filter to stain it. It looks perfect!

~Jennifer said...

I love the frame! My youngest loves to dance around in only her diaper too. My husband is beginning to think I never dress her because she's always naked when he gets home.

Pat said...

I love the Boris picture - looks like something you'd see on a cute greeting card!
These pictures are at their very best when the grands are graduating from high school and mom and grandma place them on a lovely display board ~ just to share the memories!

Judy said...

Hey! Thanks!

And, as a side note, I've already gotten a hit from someone googling 'daphne mink'!

I think that is just so weird.