Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, May 05, 2007

NO!!! I Will NOT Accept This!

I am sick today. Yes. I know. It's been a reoccurring theme here lately. Yesterday I felt FABULOUS! I mentioned that fact to Daughter when she came for coffee in the morning. Even before she arrived, I was moving furniture, vacuuming blinds, shaking out drapes, hanging laundry on the line - all before 9:00.

Oh, did I mention that THGGM had been sick all week? Yes. I was sure it was from all the raking and lawn mowing he did on Saturday, but when he developed fever, aches and chills, I thought again.

Of course, I was NOT going to allow myself to catch anything, so I spent the week downing large vitamin C pills. And, I was fine. Until, that is, Friday at around three when I started coughing and could not stop.

It had to be all the dust I was stirring up, and the lint from the dryer blowing around the back porch. Yes. It HAD to be that.

So, when THGGM came home from work feeling much better than he had all week, I jumped at the chance to GET OUT OF HERE.

We went to 'the mall'. I don't even know what the name of this mall is. We just call it 'the mall'. We ate at China Max. We people watched. I coughed. Hard. THGGM shopped for new shirts (he really liked that idea - so as not to disturb the robin on her nest).

While he shopped (he loves to shop) I went to Barnes and Noble. I love bookstores. I purchased for myself the new issue of "Somerset Studio" which is a great one. I have purchased EVERY issue of Somerset Studio for the past ten years, yet I have never had a subscription to it, out of fear that someday they might produce one that I do not like. I'm hard to convince sometimes (i need to subscribe!).

I also found my Mother's Day present, and THGGM was happy to buy it for me - "MaryJane's Stitching Room".

I coughed a lot in Barnes and Noble. But, lots of people were. You know, allergy season and all.

At home, THGGM watch a DVD while I poured through my new purchases.

And coughed.

REALLY hard.

Kindly, sweetly, lovingly THGGM pointed out that it seems that I have caught the bug he had ALL last week.

NO!

This cannot be!

I had plans for this weekend.

Well. My plans have certainly changed.

I've got the cough, the aches, the chills and have seen more of the inside of my toilet than I have in years.

Well. It's time for my second nap of the morning.

You run along and enjoy your weekend. I hear it's supposed to be beautiful.

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

Sorry you're sick. It just shouldn't happen once winter is over. We waited a long time for this spring.

Debra said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you are sick..! Totally not fair (and I hate it when I catch things from my hubby, too--especially when he teases me about it!...grr...). Get well soon and try to stay in bed and rest and drink those liquids and all that good stuff.... Praying, Debra

Melissa said...

Ooooooooooooooh how miserable for you....I do find your husband and his shirts funny...

joyce said...

Maybe your toilet is just a little dusty, and as you bent over to give it the spring polish, you coughed so hard that it made you puke?