Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, May 11, 2007

Today, I Dyed

Today I managed to wash two loads of laundry and hang them on the line.

I walked through the yard and kicked the heads off the blow-y dandelions.

Then, I had to come in to take a nap.

When I woke up from my nap I spread a lovely even coat of matte medium inside two of my sewing machine drawers.

Then, I made two separate kinds of very strong tea and set about dying.

Oh, that cheese cloth is looking good.

Dying is hard work.

I took a nap after I hung it all on the line to dry.

I napped while listening to last night's "The Office".

I watched "Signing Time" also, even though there wasn't anyone here to jump up and down and tremble with excitement about it.

The highlight of the day was when a book arrived in the mail from Mel, who thought about me when she saw it. Isn't that the coolest thing? Mel, my favorite writer in the entire universe sent me a book. A GREEN book.

The next highlights were when Oldest Son called to say that he and his lovely wife would be coming for the weekend. I am thrilled.

Youngest Son also stopped by, to pick up his check. I guess until he changes his address we will be seeing him on check day.

Daughter came for coffee this morning. I actually made the coffee and didn't have any. Coffee still sounds gross to me. I wonder how long this will last? I'm enjoying the fact that I do not smell like coffee 24/7. Today I smelled like laundry and tea. Not such a bad thing.

So, I've gathered the elements for one of my sewing machine drawer shadow boxes, but I just cannot decide what goes and what stays. I think I might become a maker of temporary shadow boxes.

Who says I can't have my cake and eat it, too?

No comments: