Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mr. Fix It


Today, I appeared clothed and in my right mind.
Well, sort of.
My mom helped A LOT.
I missed Baby Boy too much to let another day go by.


The most important thing I learned while sick was to not get sick ever again.
I haven't the time or the energy for it.
Baby Boy was happy to help fix the place up.
He spent the majority of the afternoon fiddling around with his Bob the Builder screwdriver making much needed repairs to the front door.
How DOES he know this? He has the most uncanny sense of what needs doing, and he sets out to do it!


Once he felt satisfied with his work on the front door, he spent the rest of the afternoon calling out to the traffic.
Bus! Bus! Bus! Truck! Vroom! Truck! Bus! Bus! Bus! Bus!
Now. I must share the absolute bright spot from this whole sickness debacle.
Through ALL of it - the fever, the coughing, the aches, the pains, the vomiting, the other stuff, the dizziness, the extreme fatigue - I have not had a headache at all! Not at all! I have gone from 3-4 mugs of strong coffee a day to zero. Not even a slight twinge of a headache.
Yes. Truly, every cloud has it's silver lining.

4 comments:

Tarasview said...

My sons also spend a great deal of their time "fixing" things in our home. And they are so serious about their work! Little boys are hysterical.
Glad you are feeling better!

Pat said...

Little grandsons grow up to be big helpers! It's funny because I just bloged today about the helping hand my grandson offered his helpless grandmother! It seems like yesterday he was the size of your sweetie.
I'm glad to hear your on the mend, you have to be up and about for Mothers day!

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds like you had the works!! I am glad to hear you are doing better and having little sweetie pie there to watch probably cheered you up more too! By the way, I have 2 old school books to give away if you are interested...let me know and where to send them, or if you want a description, then I will provide. The bookstore in town said one of them was a collectible anyway, but she does not have many who purchase them. (Frankly, I hardly ever see cars there, as I think her location is very bad). Any rate, one is orange colored and the other is seafoam colored.

joyce said...

eeewwwwww!
Yuck!
Sorry...