Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, September 14, 2007

The Basement


Oh so slowly, we are getting to the basement.
The stairway to the basement is in the funky 1950's style breeze-way.
Two full walls of uncurtained louvered windows means no more half-dressed dashes to the basement.
It does seem like an odd place to put a stairway, but, it's really about the only odd thing about this place.
I love the half-door. It has a very difficult to figure out lock on it. It's driving Jonge crazy, as he wants to know the secret for unlocking that door.

I love that the basement has an 'entry'.
THGGM has been working hard to arrange things in the basement.
I have no interest in 'decorating' it until after Christmas.
But, through that door, THAT DOOR you can see in the picture, I cannot WAIT to get into that space.
It's been so long since I've made something - anything - that I'm beginning to wonder where that part of me is hiding. Hopefully, I will be able to carve out three separate spaces in those rooms. One for stamping and drawing, one for simple sewing and one for shadow boxes/altered art.
Then, after THAT is complete we can begin loading the book shelves. I can wait until after Christmas for that. Only because I KNOW where all of my 'I need these' books are. The others, I want. I want them a lot. But, I don't NEED them.
Unless, of course, someone suggests that I get rid of them.

No comments: