Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, November 09, 2007

Last Week Friday

A week ago, THGGM, my aunt and I went to Greendale, WI to spend the morning shopping. One of my purchases was a 'Soups' cookbook. Making soup is MY kind of cooking! I've already found several recipes that I plan to try.

Greendale also has many charming little shops, and is a destination for a lot of bus trips. This year there was a group from Zeeland, MI. Nice to be shopping with a group of people who have that familiar 'dutch' look and who are also sniffing out bargains!



In the afternoon we went antique shopping. I'm not in the market for anything large and expensive. No. I have a garage FULL of that.
But, there are always things I'm on the look-out for. Things that I won't know that I want until I see them.
Like the mirror. THAT is EXACTLY the color I want my kitchen to be. I love the vintage look this kitchen has, so all I really want to change are the walls.
I've always thought the color was 'butter cream yellow' but know I know it is 'celluloid'.
Oh, and I'm always on the hunt for the yellow plaques. I haven't seen one in years, it seems. But, I remain ever hopeful.

No comments: