Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Having Too Much Fun


Look at my fabulous thrift finds!
Finally, I have unpacked the last two boxes of stuff from the garage.
These were about the first two boxes I packed well over a year ago.
I knew I hadn't unpacked any of my cobalt blue bottles and dishes, but I had not remembered that I had used a drawer full of dish towels, doilies and tableclothes to wrap them in.
Oh! What a delight to find all of this!
Especially the set of embrodery napkins in the top left corner.
I was beginning to think that they were lost forever.
Now, the only thing that I have not found is a dozen velvet red roses that I had bought for Daughter's wedding, and then didn't use. I cannot imagine what happened to them. They looked lovely piled up in an old yellow ware bowl.
Now...about those other boxes in the garage...we need another garage sale, or two...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it funny how we can forget these things?

daisymarie said...

I so love finding a bargain and cleaning out clutter, but I would rather have a tooth filled than have a garage sale!

Debra said...

Oh! Oh! My favorite kind of stuff to find... you are blessed! :) Thanks for sharing all your great decorating ideas, too ...Debra