Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Plans Changed


Surprise! Tonight I did a little bit of rearranging. I'm looking forward to fall.
Not too much, yet.




I thought I would be spending the evening in the delightful company of Famke, but Jonge took ill and their evening plans changed. This little tablecloth was a dollar. I found it at a thrift store. It still had it's original price tag and label on it.








I'm finding it impossible to get the text to fit with the picture, so bear with me... The top left picture shows a very nice tablecloth I thrifted. It was two dollars. I realize it isn't Dutch, but I love it's vintage-ness and the colors should work with my kitchen plans.
The top right picture shows the two thrifted Fostoria plates that I glued to glass candlesticks. I never run out of ideas for things to display on them!





The old cheese grater was 69 cents. I love how it looks with a candle in it! My candle is a battery operated votive I bought when we were on vacation. Now I need to gather up all of my old cheese graters (what?) and look for a deal on the battery votives.
And the tablecloth to the right? It is actually a square pillow sham.
While we are on the subject, pillow shams make great sleeping bags for tired dollies.





3 comments:

daisymarie said...

Sometimes I wish God would have spread talents out a little more evenly...shoot, I just wish I have a thimbleful of your creativity. Trouble is, I probably wouldn't know what to do with it if I did.

I am in awe. You have such a gift.

Melissa said...

You know, I've been avoiding cheese graters for that reason - if I bought one I would have to buy three and then lights...yeah - I have my reasons... ;)

Anonymous said...

Loved your idea about glueing the plates to the candle holders - it makes a beautiful plate for whatever you want.

I also love the idea of using pillow shams for other uses.

Willa