Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, August 11, 2008

Stir Together One Tired Famke, One Binky-less Jonge, and One Old Beppe


Oh, boy. What a Monday.


The birthday girl was exhausted. Being the center of attention does wear one out.


The birthday girl's brother forgot his binky. His mouth was 'popping' (no one knows just what that means) and he was in possession of the birthday girls new dolly, whose name is Ella.


He tried valiantly to get his sister to believe that it was best to have the two 'old' dolls, Jack and Sally, but she wanted her new baby. This is understandable. It is HER baby, and she knows it. He knows it, too.


Replay this scene ALL DAY LONG. That was my day.


Jonge had a very hard time napping without his beloved and ever-present-at-sleep-time-only binky (pacifier).


Since he couldn't sleep (in his words, "My eyes won't shut".) we had lunch a bit earlier than usual. We had apples, peanut butter sandwiches and milk.


I did not realize this until AFTER he finally DID nap, but the milk was bad.


For the rest of the day, the poor boy had a tummy ache. A NASTY BAD tummy ache.


The milk had another week to go, but it went. Back to the store. This is the second gallon of milk that has gone bad this month. It isn't even hot, and our refrigerator is more likely to freeze liquids.


Thankfully, Famke just started drinking milk, but her's was whole milk and brought from home, so she was spared the tummy trouble.


She would not sleep in her crib. Would NOT. Refused. Oh, yes you will, said I. But, she didn't.


There was weeping, there was wailing, there was gnashing of teeth.


She slept in a heap on my chest.


It was not a good day. But, I cannot say that I do not love holding a sleeping Famke.


After naps it never got any better. Poor Jonge had SUCH a tummy ache and Famke seemed to miss being 'queen for a day'.


When Jonge kissed me good-bye, his head smashed into my mouth and I ended up with two fat lips.


And now that they are gone, I miss them terribly (the kids. that is. i still have my lips.).





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have days like that with my granddaughter who is almost 2 and my grandson who is four months. I babysit them once a week and I know just what you mean. Most of the time it is so much fun though. Then I have a granddaughter who is almost 3 and one that is 3 months. The first two children are from my oldest kids, then the last two are from my youngest kids. My middle kids finally got pregnant with a daughter. So all in all I will have 5 grandchildren under 3 in January. I love being a Grandma.

Willa

daisymarie said...

When Asher has days like this we say he is out of sorts...and then we go looking for sorts. Sometimes we even have to go to the store to buy new sorts. Bubbles are about the only cure for being out of sorts.

Melissa said...

You know we've had several just opened containers of milk which are nowhere near their expiration date go bad too. Hmph.

Poor Jonge.

Poor Famke.

Poor, poor Beppe.

joyce said...

I can't believe that she is one already. I am having a day that isn't quite as nasty as yours. Just a 18 month old beauty who wails dramatically if I ever round a corner. must. Remain. Seen.

At all times.
Works fine unless I have to go pee.