Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas Meme



This Meme comes from Karen, a dear blogger friend from "Over The Backyard Fence" - http://www.overbackyardfence.blogspot.com/


FIVE THINGS THAT I LOVE ABOUT CHRISTMAS:
1. I LOVE having my family over for Christmas. With my extended family, I love that all we have to say is 'bring the usual' and it all works out without a lot of stress in the planning.
2. I LOVE to sit at the piano and play through all of my Christmas music. I find this soooo very relaxing. I wish I had the piano music to Christmas in Killarney. but I believe I have the music to all the rest of my favorites. At the top of my list is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". Remember this: The wrong shall fail the right prevail with peace on earth goodwill to men. Remember this, always.
3. I LOVE vintage Christmas decorations. Especially those Christmas candles that look like singing choir boys. My grandma had an entire bookcase filled with these, and she let me move them around. I have two of them, and I still enjoy moving them around.
4. I LOVE reading Christmas stories. I read them in bed at night. Last night the stories came from an anthology. "Christmas at Orchard House" from Little Women, "Mr. Edwards Meets Santa Claus" from Little House on the Prairie, and several others. But, my favorite reading of all is sharing Christmas books with Jonge and Famke. Jonge likes the Christmas books with lift up flaps He is very good at those. Famke likes to HOLD THE PAGE that has a picture of Mary and Baby Jesus and ONLY look at that page, which annoys some people, but is very sweet.

5. I LOVE the wonder of the Incarnation. The Word made flesh dwelt among us. How amazing.


3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for doing this, Judy. Great answers. I love #4.

Anonymous said...

You can check out of the library: Reader's Digest Merry Christmas Songbook. It has piano music for Christmas in Killarney. I found my book at a library used book sale, but they do have copies in a few branches.

Barbara

MissKris said...

Have you and Alaine met yet or plan to meet sometime in the future? If I knew either one of you lived anywhere near me, I'd be dying to meet you. What am I saying...I live more than halfway across the country and I'm dying to meet both of you, ha! If I don't get by to comment again beforehand, Merry Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Judy. And give Jonge and Famke kisses from this West Coast Grandma!!! ((((((((((HUG))))))))))