Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's About Time


It seemed about time that I change my profile picture.
I do believe that this is one of my favorite things that I have ever made. It's all made out of bits of this and that.
My day today was absolutely lovely. Lovely, I say.
Famke and I took TWO naps together.
During our first nap we were supposed to be watching "The Polar Express". We watched the first part of it with my dad who, being an old railroad guy, loves trains. Our favorite part was when the train passes Herpolshiemer's.
After my dad left we kept watching it. I totally missed seeing any Santa Claus at all, but Jonge assures me that there was one.
The day just moved soooo smoothly. Lunch was a happy affair. Naps were taken in the afternoon. Books were read. Games were played. Dances were danced. I just love days like this.
Tomorrow another snow storm is scheduled to arrive. My plan is to stay put and finish up all the loose ends.
For someone who posts all of those annoying reminders on the 25th of every month, I feel so unprepared.
I've read many great Christmas stories from late at night to the wee hours of the morning. I'll have to post about those someday, because right now I cannot remember what they were. Just that they were good. Hmm.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Such a pretty snow lady! And a two-nap day sounds heavenly.

Pat said...

I'm so glad you have a good day, and two naps with grandchildren, it just doesn't get better then that unless you add a Hershey bar when you wake up!

daisymarie said...

I love the pic...you're so creative.

We own Polar Express...I've never watched it. I'd make it a goal, butI haven't acheived many of my goals lately.

Karen said...

Me again. There's something waiting for you over at my place. Have a very merry Christmas!