Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, February 09, 2009

Did I Actually SAY That?

THGGM and I didn't have the time to go to the 50% off sale at our favorite thrift store until the very last day.

Yet, we left with a bag full of treasure.

I commented to him:

"Isn't it great to know that we want the junk that other people who want junk don't want"?

Great, just great.

He didn't actually SAY that with words, but the rolling of his eyes deep into the back of his head said it all.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Out of the mouths of babes!
You are a babe, right?! Yep...me too, at least that's what I keep telling meself!

daisymarie said...

Thanks for making me feel better. Nelson has been teasing me since Saturday about something I said. After the car accident, while we were enjoying our Chinese buffet, Nelson started to tell me about how he had taken all our lose change from the house to Walmart to one of those coin machines. He was complaining that there was a service fee. I asked, "How much?" He replied, "Nine percent." I came back with (and totally aghast), "Why that's nearly 10%." I thought he was going to wet himself he was laughing so hard. Needless to say, it's been the punchline of every joke since.