Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, April 30, 2009

No Pictures of This Day

That's because it isn't pretty.

I am sorting, cleaning and attempting to bring order out of chaos.

I have to do that quite frequently, it seems.

There is something seriously wrong with me.

Tuesday I accomplished much in my three happy little rooms on my side of the basement.

So today I had planned that I would go back down there and continue on with my happy endeavors.

But then I remembered that it will be May 1st tomorrow and that I should switch out the bedroom into a bit less of a 'fall' look. Lighter comforter and pillow shams and basic things like that.

That's when I noticed just how much I've been piling up on my side of the bed.

Now I must backtrack here. Last night, for some reason unbeknownst to me, we could view the Style network. Style has never been a word used to describe me as I happily fall under the title of frumpled, frazzled and bewildered, which certainly cannot be considered a 'style'. More like a series of poor choices.

But this network aired a marathon last night of a show called "Clean House". THGGM and Oldest Son were eating candy and watching "Rent" in the basement, so I had control of the remote.

The people on this show had SERIOUS clutter problems. Seriously serious.

Now flash back to this morning, as I stood looking at the side of the bedroom I think of as mine.

Gorgeous view out the window. The blooming magnolia tree branches are visible. So pretty, even in the rain.

Not so pretty on the floor.

That is because whenever I have guests, I carry what I am working on to that corner in the bedroom and drop it there. Apparently, I also never think of it again.

Well. That is until today. My day of reckoning.

And I reckon that I better get back to it.


6 comments:

Diane said...

HI,love that show watch it all the time!!! it help me keep my house in order!LOL!!1 just watching it'

Karen said...

Oh, you make me laugh! Your sense (or lack) of style, and your poor choices. For the record, I think you're pretty stylin', Judy.

MissKris said...

Don't feel bad, Judy. It seems like all I do in life is digress...whether in thought or in deed. Story of my life. The End.

MissKris said...

Do you have DISH Network? Maybe Style is one of their Free Preview stations this month?! I'll have to check it out. I miss "Clean House" on there and all of HGTV but I like my $25 monthly bill a lot better than almost $80!!! Life is full of sacrifices.

Anvilcloud said...

Although occasional tidying is necessary and has to be done periodically, it's mundane and boring. He said looking around ...

Charity Grace said...

That sounds like my day!!! I was gone every day for 2 weeks and my house shows it. It's unfortunately always too cluttery, but lately it's gotten really bad. It feels so nice to get it back in shape!