Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, May 02, 2009

What Else?


Feeling under the weather today. Where DID that phrase come from? The weather today is wonderful - I am enjoying it from inside, under a quilt.
I am catching up on old magazines. The ones I carried into my bedroom on the Saturday before Easter and found them again when I cleaned my bedroom.
Occasionally, I will find something inspiring and emerge from under the quilt to do some rearranging.
Do you like the birds? I found them for half price at Michael's last week.
I'm really quite fond of birds. Birds were the pets of my early childhood.
But these two I purchased purely for their decorative qualities. And, they were cheap, like me.
Curiously though, a sticker on the bottom of them tells me that they are for "Decorative Use Only".
I'm trying to think of what other function they could possibly serve.
I suppose in a pinch one might be tempted to dip the tail into a sauce of some sort and then lick if off, but, even for me that would be a stretch.
How stupid have we become, when that sort of sticker is necessary?
Now I am going back under the quilt.

4 comments:

Debra said...

Heee... Maybe they wanted to make sure you didn't cram the holes with potpourri and then light it with a match. heh... Love those birds! Feel better soon, ok? Hugs, Debra

Bon said...

Warnings are so funny or are people really that stupid. My curling iron had 2 warnings on it -- 1. do not use in the shower (or something to that effect
2. It will be very hot and can cause burns. DUH

Hope you are feeling better.

MissKris said...

Sometimes, don't you get the impression manufacturers think we're as dumb as posts? The sad thing is, a lot of us are! ;-P

Karen said...

I saw those same birds (well, maybe their cousins) in Michael's last week. I wish now that I'd bought them. They look so pretty on your lace tablecloth.

Feel better soon.