Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
When the Ants Came for Lunch
Son-in-law took this picture in his yard on Saturday.
I don't think he knows it, but he IS a nature photographer.
Remember when I posted the picture o fthe giant spider from the natural history museum in Oxford, and dad said that I need to provide a disclaimer at the top that says, "Do not scroll down unless you want to see something disgusting"? That sort of disclaimer would have been nice.
Actually, I haven't a clue WHAT that thing is. But, Buddy once saw an on-line image of a botfly larva in someone's eye and he has never been the same since.
We all have orders to kill him if it ever happens to him.
He occassionally eats meat. Especially bacon from the local farmer's market.
7 comments:
Ewww! But totally amazing shot!
Remember when I posted the picture o fthe giant spider from the natural history museum in Oxford, and dad said that I need to provide a disclaimer at the top that says, "Do not scroll down unless you want to see something disgusting"? That sort of disclaimer would have been nice.
Ummm. Buddy? My dear child.
Did you READ the post above?
There IS a warning in there.
The BOTFLY LARVA reference is for YOU!
Now back to regular programming.
Great shot.
Can we assume Buddy is a vegetarian?
Actually, I haven't a clue WHAT that thing is. But, Buddy once saw an on-line image of a botfly larva in someone's eye and he has never been the same since.
We all have orders to kill him if it ever happens to him.
He occassionally eats meat. Especially bacon from the local farmer's market.
No, I didn't read the post about hot pads on a clothesline. Silly me.
Oh, and I'm not (strictly) a vegetarian. I just hate bugs.
Post a Comment