No pictures of cute babies today.
I spent the day at home.
Alone.
I needed that.
Although, I could still hear the happy chatter of children in my memory.
I made a blanket for Kado out of some lovely thrifted flannel. Thrifted batting. Thrifted binding.
It still requires some hand sewing on the corner binding.
And, I may need to tie it. Or add embroidery.
Then, since I was in my sewing room, I sewed a worn pair of THGGM's shorts into a bag of sorts.
There were a few worn spots, so he could no longer wear them, but they were made from the nicest patchwork fabric. I just could not throw it away!
So, I now have a bag with four pockets, two unattached matching small bags and three fabric covered buttons!
It's quite possible that I will never ever do anything at all with this bag, but it was fun to make.
Sewing the binding on a blanket? Not so much.
Next time I donate plasma, I'm hoping to make a stop at the fabric store across the street and purchase some "Dick and Jane" fabric.
I feel the need for nostalgia.
It seems that the days that I am home alone just fly by.
I got up, had two mugs of coffee, did some reading and it was time for lunch.
After lunch I did laundry and sewed.
While I was carrying my clean laundry and newly made baby blanket up the steps, I noticed a man napping on the couch in my breeze way!
I nearly jumped out of my skin.
It was only THGGM, home from work.
I could not believe it was already time for him to be home.
Not a bad day, but I did miss "I DO IT" and "YOU DO IT" very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your house always looks so clean and neat and tidy. How do you DO it?! You could always donate the bags you made to your favorite thrift store. I'm sure someone out there would love them. My two little grandboys love each other but - OH! - the sibling rivalry!! I'm glad to hear all's smooth on Daughter's home front right now. When will you begin baby sitting again? Is she off for a couple of months?
Yes, it was Thursday. Today is Friday...I thought today was Thursday. I've lost a day somewhere.
Post a Comment