Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bits and Pieces of This and That



Please bear with with me, as I have a migraine. I'm sure this is because I pointed out to THGGM that soooo many people seemed to be having headaches this week and I was happy NOT to be one of them. Of course, you KNOW what happened next.


Anyway.., I slept all morning and am slowly coming around.


My plan for the day WAS to take my dad and possibly Jonge to the nursing home to visit my mom. It's Pet Show day there today.


I'm soooo not there. As you can tell.


I DO remember yesterday.


My sister and I went thrift store shopping and to lunch at Hunan.


If you would please imagine that the wallpaper in the kitchen is gone, I think you could sorta kinda see the look I am aiming towards. I've not HIT it yet, but I'm getting closer.


The basket was a mere $2.99 and is holding linens.


Two weeks ago I found the red handled picnic-ware and yesterday I scored with the blue!


I'm still reading "Agnes Grey". So far I've learned that I would have made a horrible governess.


In other news:


My dad is still recovering. Today he noticed that he was a wee bit more short of breath. His physical therapist came just after 7:00 AM. I'm thinking he needs to slooowly ease into his day. Not start it with therapy. But then, what do I know?
Tomorrow my sister is getting married! We do want him to be well enough for that.
It has been almost two years that we have lived in this house. We have an uncanny knack for making a place look like we've lived there for decades in a very short time.
Still. I'm happy to report that ALL boxes are unpacked. Well, except for the ones that I opened up and quickly shut again. And, somewhere, I still have a box of really cool velvet roses.
I do not want to EVER have to move again. Not ever. It brings me such joy to know that when I die I can't take it with me.
But, until then, I keep collecting bits and pieces and arranging them in a pleasing manner.
Sigh...










3 comments:

Karen said...

I love 'the look' of your kitchen. And that bluebird towel is scrumptious;)

Echoes From the Hill said...

The kitchen looks so cheerful. Love it! What color will you paint the walls, when the wallpaper is history?

Merideth said...

I definitely concur about the not wanting to move again comment!