Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!

Saturday, August 01, 2009

A Good Saturday

My Saturday started with good news from the doctor. My dad is responding favorably to the tweaking of his meds.
Youngest Son stopped over and we went out for breakfast. I am a lover of coupons. I have not cooked anything all week. Seriously. I love restaurant coupons.
Next I went thrift shopping. Oh, my! It was such a good day for that at Nice Twice. I've had my eye on this piece for a few weeks now, and today I bought it. I also found a really cool quilt. Weird, how it's the first day of AUGUST, and I've already been under it.
THGGM joined me for some antique shopping too. He didn't find anything. I found a full set of Latin vocabulary cards. Oh! And a deck of children's book 'Authors' cards. Lots of good stuff there, too. But I showed restraint (well. sort of.).
I spent the afternoon at the hospital with my dad. We watched another dog show. Some dogs are shockingly weird-looking. And, we watched two episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. I thought my dad looked awfully tired. But, before I left he perked up and when I left he seemed better. I think he is REALLY enjoying it that the Detroit Tiger games have been going into extra innings. Gives him something to watch that he actually enjoys.
By the time I got home I could have fallen asleep standing up. THGGM pulled another magic coupon from his bag of tricks and off we went, back to the same place we had breakfast. We cannot keep this up. Someday, I am going to have to cook. It's not that I don't know how. And, I even have my dad's car, so that excuse is gone. I just cannot find any remaining brain cells that sense any sort of urgency to make meals.
Although I can't imagine why (haha) my digestive system has been dreadfully cranky lately. So, IMMEDIATELY after dinner, we came home and THGGM finished reading his latest book (Capote's 'In Cold Blood') while I curled up in a ball and rolled around on the floor moaning. Okay. I ALMOST did that.
Once I was feeling better, off we went to work. Vacuuming is such a soothing job. I vacuumed my little heart out. Again, it seemed odd that I vacuumed while wearing a coat on the first day of August. Such a cool summer. May they all be so!
Now, upon arriving home, I did have a major freak-out. This will tell you the condition of my battered emotions. It occurred to me while working that the only phone number the hospital has is mine. So, when I got home, I checked my calls and there was one from the hospital at 9:05. I could not even bear to listen for a message. THGGM, who must be getting tired of coming to my rescue for all of my emotional breakdowns, called the hospital. He talked to my dad's nurse, who said he was doing very well.
Oh, silly me.
That 9:05 call was from the AM. When my dad called this morning to let me know how he was doing.
Presently, I have calmed down. I bought a really nice hardcover "Farmer Boy" today and I am going to read that now that I have finished Anne Bronte's "Agnes Grey". Have I mentioned that I REALLY loved "Agnes Grey"?
Thank you for all of your kind comments and emails. I cannot begin to tell you how much they mean to me.
And for the record, as we KNOW that there IS a record, this is the 2001 post to my "Anybody Home" blog. 2001. Wow. I've been doing this for FIVE years.


Anvilcloud said...

We've actually had a few normal summer days here although today is a return to this year's normal. Glad you've had some good news about your dad.

Karen said...

Glad your dad is doing well. And congratulations on five years!