Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Doctor's Appointments


Today I rode along with Daughter to the doctor.
Kado needed four shots. He accepted this fact with just a bit of kicking and screaming which ended as soon as his mommy picked him up.

Jonge needed two shots. He is indeed a very brave boy. And a very tall one too.


Famke required no shots today. But she did need to have the staple removed from her cute little head. Again, she made no fuss about this. Still she insists that it only tickled a little bit.
I have a picture of her stapled head, but I've chosen not to post it. You can thank me later.
While Jonge, Famke, and I waited for Kado's appointment to end we were playing catch with a stretchy bracelet of mine in the waiting room. Famke made a catch and broke out into a scream of delight. My first thought was to remind her to use her 'inside voice'. She announced that she didn't know what that was. So, I told her - it's the quiet voice you use when you are inside. She looked at me puzzled and said, "I don't think I have one."
Oh, well. I'm just thankful that she had screams of delight instead of one of fear and pain from having a staple yanked out of her scalp.

5 comments:

Marguerite said...

Beautiful grandchildren pictures. And I love your new header picture.

Pat said...

Even though I read your post regularly, I can't get over how big your grands are getting, I think I can see them growing!
Beautiful header, where is it?

Melodee said...

They're so adorable. And I love the picture at the top of your blog! Gorgeous!

Debra said...

Oh, I'm with Pat. Especially Jonge--when did he grow into a young man? Sheesh. Must have happened on Tuesday. :) Love the new header, too. Blessings, Debra

daisy said...

I love that! "I don't think I have one." Out of the mouths of babes. Still cracking up. Reminds me of a couple of our grandsweeties.

I like your quote about trying to live a boring life--I can so relate. Although I must tell you, it has not worked to date.