Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, October 14, 2010

In My Backyard


Nothing growing in my backyard was planted by me. It all came with the house.
This year I pretty much ignored it. I weeded a few times, but it was so hot this summer that I just quit caring about backyard stuff.

Still, it looks pretty cool out there now. If I get up close. Some horrid fungus darkened the leaves on the peony bushes and the black-eyed susans. The chokeberries went crazy and grew so large the main stem broke due to the weight of them.


The half dead maple has leaves now that are this lovely shade of orange.



The two large maples on the side of the house are still mostly green, with a few falling leaves of gold.




And then, there is THIS MESS.
THIS MESS is what our front yard has become. THIS MESS is caused by a very large skunk. THIS MESS is ONE NIGHTS WORK.
There is more about a skunk that stinks than just it's smell.
I am soooo angry about this.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I would be very upset too...

Marguerite said...

What a mess that skunk made. Wow and sympathy.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

You have grubs in your lawn.
Skunks love them.
We spread GrubX and set a cake pan of food out and walla...no holes.
:0)