Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, August 29, 2011

Busy Monday



Didn't have time to take pictures of my flea market finds yet. I'll be sure to do it soon, or I will forget what I got.


Saturday I bought a few visors at the craft store. There were still letters left from the coconut trees we made a few weeks ago.


Jonge and Famke found the letters for their names and I helped Kado find his. Although all he wanted were I's.

They seemed to have a good time. Feintsje was sleeping. So far, he does that a lot. Must be why he is sooo very smiley when he is awake.

It really doesn't take much to entertain the very young.






































Earlier in the day I had them help me transplant my spider plants (Charlotte and her daughter). I had two crocks under my desk. Suddenly it just seemed like the PERFECT thing to use them for.

So Jonge, Famke, and Kado helped me add rocks and stones to the bottom. Next they shoveled in top soil. The last layer was a good potting mix. When I pulled the plants out of their old pots it looked like a basket, the roots were SOOO tightly knotted.




It made for a terribly messy morning, but messes are always the most fun.

The only thing hard about this was lifting the crocks to bring them inside. I seriously under estimated how heavy a crock full of rocks and dirt is.


Oh, and if you look veeeery closely, you might see that I found a few small blue flowers to sprinkle in to the vases. They just needed a small touch of blue, don't you think?

1 comment:

daisymarie said...

I love that you named your Spider plant Charlotte.