Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tired Out Random Thoughts





1. Poor Kado. He hurt his foot. Does he not look sad? There is nothing that shows on his foot, but he will not walk on it. All of the piggies, from the one that went to market to the one that cried all the way home, wiggle about freely. The upside is that I got to hold him a lot today.



2. I am deliriously happy that my yard should be fenced in completely by the weekend. It's looking good already.



3. Feintsje slept all afternoon. That boy is amazing.



4. "Tangled" is a scary movie. Wish I had know that BEFORE I fell asleep holding the sleeping Feintsje. I was awakened to the cries of "Pause it, Beppe, pause it!" It seems to work for them if the scary part is 'paused', they leave the room, then return after a massive panic attack.



5. It would be wise if we stuck with Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, Caillou, Curious George, and Signing Time. So far, no one has gotten stabbed on any of those shows.



6. We have bats living inside a sided beam over our main enterance. THGGM counted at least ten returning 'home' at 4:00 am. Silly bats. Curfew has always been midnight. This could be an entire post where I regale you with tales of past bat experiences, but, I kind of want to sleep tonight and you probably do to.



7. Jonge starts kindergarten a week from today. If you know where time goes, could you kindly tell me? Seems like it was just him and me snuggling on the couch together reading "The Folks in the Valley".



8. Today we did not do any exciting craft. I made a rather large tent in the livingroom and they took pretend naps in it.



9. If you ever want to perk up lunches for the young ones, you might like this site. http://www.muffintinmom.com/ It didn't take much for me to rustle up three muffin tins (i didn't even have to empty out the ones holding craft supplies). This went over BIG with the kids. Kado thought it was just the coolest thing EVER. The big kids seemed delighted, but in a less vocal way than Kado. I failed to take pictures of them, but trust me, they looked cute! At least cute in a strange-old-grandma sort of way.



10. Have you seen the new issue of Flea Market Style magazine? Wow. I did not think they could improve on the last two issues, but I was soooo very wrong. It is incredible. Especially if you already have a bunch of stuff on hand, which I do. Can't wait to get started. But first I shall need sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, cool, didn't even know there was a Flea Market Style magazine. This will be a must to check out.
I certainly hope Kado's foot is better in no time. I'll bet Beppe enjoyed him sitting on her lap once more. Those times go so quickly, never to return, or at least, not often. I was wondering the other day if I had noticed when each of the older children stopped sitting on my lap. It just happened gradually.
*sniff*
L.o.v.e. the muffin tin lunch idea. Thanks for sharing!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Fence safety, all for it, dogs and children usually act, then think. Watch that foot, it might just be growing pain, it might be a tiny thorn or something. I always let the child put his hand or foot in tepid water for five minutes, shows up thorns most of the time and put an end to the pretending as in: "I do not know why, I just need a lot of attention and hugs right now and I know how to get that: pain!" Ones as young as Kado do not yet know how to tell you they do not feel happy, especially not the why. I found that the restriction of five minutes and all the attention (No, keep your foot in the water, it will help to ease the pain) and loads of hugs was mostly enough to make them at least content again. Also "smi-leys"of all sorts helped, the happy face, the angry, the sad, the hungry, the sleepy, the asking, the iam not sure, etc, make it a craft time to cut rounds and draw the according eyes and mouth on them. Two year olds really love the play of "I am feeling .." Aren't there just the strangest word verifications, what do you think of bioselin? Some kind of washingpowder or healthy new vegetable dish?

Melissa said...

Interesting - Kira and Kado do have a lot in common!

About two weeks ago she stepped on something - we could see nothing but it hurt enough that she quit playing outside that day and chose to walk on the tiptoes of that foot all day and to ice it.

On Monday, I pulled out a thorn. We couldn't see it before!!

Rebecca said...

Keep an eye on that little foot! (Sounds like you did all the right things, but who knows?)

I could comment on all 10 of your points but shall refrain. You are an absolute delight. Your view on your "world" is refreshing and invigorating. I love to come here, laugh, and leave to enjoy "MY" world with fresh eyes.

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I love reading through your Random Thougts - they always make me smile!
Also thanks for the comment on "Tangled" - we have seen it but we will have to watch those kids movies with those kinds of things in mind, so we don't play them too soon for the Granddaughter.
Have a great day!
Lisa :o)

Janie Fox said...

I have got to get to town and get that magazine I love it. I wish we lived closer! We could junk and share play dates. You is me and me is you!