Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Coconut Trees

I saw this on a blog somewhere, and put my own spin on it using what I had.



And I had Jonge.


While Famke and mommy went out yesterday, and Kado was napping (still such a great napper, that kado!) and Feintsje was just lollying around being cute, Jonge and I went to work making coconut trees!



Sadly, of the dozens of pictures I took of Jonge with his coconut tree (we added the coconuts after the pictures were taken) none of them came out very clear. And note the busy background. Urgh. Sometimes I wish I didn't love clutter so much. Anyway, enough of my problems...





I had some sturdier cardboard rolls in my recycle dresser in my basement studio, so we used those instead of paper towel rolls. While retrieving those I found this cool packing material I'd saved from SOMETHING. Love the texture on that. The green foam sheet was another surprise find. Forgot I still had it from a past project. I was just going to use paper, but the foam was a much better choice.


I do have alphabet punches, stickers, stamps, ad nauseam, but my one purchase for this project was the foam alphabet stickers. It's never a fun project if the child cannot do it all by himself.
I read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom while Jonge worked. Feintsje was SOOO attentive. Then he fell fast asleep and I was able to make mine. The letters I put on mine spelled out Famke's name. Of course, I gave it to her for her birthday.























Oh, and last week I found where I had put the wooden people on sticks. I made these. I cut apart two shirts, this time SAVING the seams and tucked bits. I had more fun than they did with the cutting and gluing. Jonge made an EXACT replica of Famke. Her hair, her smile, and her favorite orange dress with the white flowers cascading down the front of it. He made this because Famke was staying over night with us, and he said that he just knew he was going to miss her. No picture though. I take thousands of pictures, yet still seem to miss a lot of the goings-on around here. Can you tell one of my FAVORITE things to do is make crafts with kids? Okay. Okay. Even if they're aren't kids...

4 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

What great ideas!! I am hoping I can remember at least half of your ideas when my granddaughter gets bigger. If not I will be spending a lot of time on your blog.
Lisa :o)

Melissa said...

Love the coconut trees!!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

You should get "The Grandmother of The Year Award". :00
I wish I had half the patience and talent you have.

daisymarie said...

Oh great...I'll be singing the song for the rest of the day...giggles.