Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Famke Is Four

Oh, my "Precious Beans" has turned four. I remember the day she was born. Daughter timed her contractions while visiting here with me and both of my parents. Seems like yesterday, except that so much has changed.




Today I watched 'the boys' in the afternoon so Famke and mommy could go out to lunch and shopping.


When they stopped to play at a park, Famke's birthday balloon blew out of the van and went up, up, and away. Then at the park, while Famke was going down the slide, some boys ran up the slide and stepped on her. Without even knowing about what happened with the balloon, Pake came home from work with a birthday balloon for Famke. He also brought cup cakes!

By afternoon it had cooled off and the humidity had dropped which made for a fun time of playing in the backyard.







Oh, and this one?

He is SIX WEEKS old today.





Feintsje IS a smiley little guy, although today he would not smile for the camera.


He is just about ready to laugh (although, not in these pictures!).


I got a sweet little half-giggle from him when I whistled Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star.


Quite possibly he found this amusing as I really truly stink at whistling.


8 comments:

Janie Fox said...

They are cute enough to eat with a spoon! I would spend my day kissing those baby cheeks!

Rebecca said...

Just TOO much sweetness here, Judy!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love babies???
That soft scrunchy delicious look they get...how they smell, that soft skin...yikes. I may be developing a case of Baby Fever. Better lie down quickly and hope it passes! I'm done, done I tell you...the next babes in my life will be Grands, if Jesus tarries and all goes well, somewhere way down the road.
Baby F. is just precious, as are his uber cute sibs. (and of course, his Bepe and Pake!)

Jen

Nana Mari said...

Your posts and photos of those lovely grandchildren always brings a smile to my day! Happy Fourth Birthday wishes to Famke, and as for little Feintsje...how adorable is he?! So serious...yet oh so funny! Enjoy!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Pake made Famke's day " All Better." :0) Mean boys! :0(
Your grandchildren are so beautiful and "that baby talks with his eyes."
I'll get around to remember the spelling of the name you use for him one of these days. ;0)

The Prairie Homemaker said...

Judy,
I remember when we were awaiting Famke's arrival... such a treasure!
hugs
m

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to your girl...

daisymarie said...

He has that "you talkin bout me" (said of course with and New York accent) in the last pic. Absolutely adorable.