Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, August 15, 2011

Too Late Now

Hmm. I'm SUPPOSED to be cleaning my kitchen today. Seems I recall telling myself that was what I was going to do.

But then I got an idea.

I get those sometimes. Do you too (please say yes)?

The idea appeared to be a quick and easy one. Unscrew the hinged door from the mirrored cabinet in the kitchen.And it WAS simple. Until I got to the last screw and found it to be stripped beyond measure.


After uselessly fighting with it for quite some time, I ripped the thing off using brute force, hopelessly bending the hinge in the process.

By then all I could think was that this BETTER work.

And, it sort of did.

Oh, and that door with the "toilet" sign? That's THGGM's idea NOT mine. Sometimes I wonder what he's thinking. Othertimes I don't even want to know.



Anyway..,

I backed the shelves with some scrapbook paper that I bought on clearance sometime ago.







Being me and all that entails, I'm not sure yet if this is how I will leave it. I'm really liking the white stuff, and even went down into the basement to find more. Plenty more down there.






For fun I added my five KLM houses. They were getting lost in the corner cupboard.











And since it is Monday (don't tell me if it isn't) I hung up my Monday towel. When I got it out I noticed this little bit of embroidery which if I didn't know better I would think it had been made just to go there.

So instead of actually CLEANING my kitchen what I have done is dragged up a bunch MORE stuff which now needs attention also.

I do feel sort of bad about that hinge. Funny, how a quick and easy project can end up taking the better part of a day.

And now I have a mirror I need to figure out what to do with...


4 comments:

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Oh Judy...
I have been going to straighten up my huge pantry(I live in a big old house)since maybe June...so now my goal is to get it done by Labor day.
Also... I have some wooden chairs(bought at the thrift store many months ago)that need reupholstered...I finally got the fabric...now to find the big staple gun.
So...its good to do a "little" project" now and again...it keeps the creativity going.
Take care,
Nancy aka Mommy
P.S. I enjoy reading your blog. 8~)

Karen said...

Liking the white stuff, too! and those adorable little houses.

daisymarie said...

When I say, "I have an idea..." My family always groans. It generally only slows me down, but never stops me from sharing or thinking. :)

Melissa said...

I have that exact little enamel teapot.