Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Beautiful Fall Weekend



So much happened that I cannot sum it all up in one blog post.

But it would seem that what we all enjoyed the most was going to the beach.

Most of these pictures were taken at Oval Beach along Lake Michigan in Saugatuck.






Today I remembered to bring both of my cameras. So of course there are many pictures.











































Jonge was impressed that he and Famke could have fun in the sand without taking anything along but their own two hands.

When one stops to think about that, it IS impressive!







I'm not sure exactly where the words will show up in my posts anymore, but the picture of the open field?
THIS is the most remarkable soccer field. Daughter and Youngest Son both had games there in high school and the absolute stillness is amazing. Lake Michigan is just on the other side of the trees.
We had a rather unimpressive lunch of chicken noodle soup when we arrived back at the ranch.
These two even went antique shopping with us and did not complain at all. Not. At. All.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know i am not a churchgo er, but I always say we are equipped with two magical instruments and God meant us to use them. When you are in a desert with no forks, spoons, knifes or mugs, but you do find a well and you have some bread, you can make a cup of your hands and drink, tear the bread and eat, use your fingers to peel a fig or just one finger to stir water with figjuice to make it more appetiting. In other words, our hands are marvelous instruments and I feel for anyone who has not full use of the hands for whatever reason. You can use fingers to draw in sand, sift sand and water as a child, braid flowers etc. You can use the hands on the end of your arms to do the things others could do for you;-) or do them for others and you can caress a baby, a child, partner, the elderly and the sick with them.
Marvelous hands, loved by me hands. They, J and F will both find new uses for their hands till they are grown up and then some more. And Judy, thrift shops hold amazing things for children, they should be visited as a treat to hold their magic charm, butI know you know that too, until they become a real hobbyhorse. It looks like it was charmingly cold at the beach, like nice cold, chocolatemilk needing cold. Greetings from Fryslan, I visited Friday my favourite thriftshop (charity handicapped sportspeople) and bought TWO zipperclosing spring/autumn jackets, one with a hoodie, the other summery yellow, to wear on my bike next spring and summer and till real winter comes to have with me in the car to cover me from parkinglot to mall. They are what I would have bought in a shop, new as could be and cost me 5 Euro, lets say 6 dollars for the two and bonus, on my way back a wildgrowing Red Sentinel apple tree with little 1 inch apples, which are now applesirup for free. Fryslan boppe. (Fryslan above all or the best).

Rebecca said...

Impressive, yes. The beach and lake look to be hunkerin' down for winter.

Chicken noodle soup actually sounds quite "right" after a jacket-worthy excursion.

So. How was the antique shopping? Find anything interesting?

Melissa said...

I love the pictures of the Pake with Jonge and Famke.

I also adore the the black and white of Jonge!! Fabulous photo - your skills are growing by leaps and bounds...which I am glad for you and sad for me - because even though I probably would never have the opportunity to photograph your grands - you wouldn't need me anyhow...but I would still love to do it...they are so sweet and I feel as if I sort of know them.

daisymarie said...

So beautiful.