Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I Learned Something Today

The signs have been around for quite sometime, but today it became very clear to me. Famke is a fabulous storyteller. Now that her older brother goes to Kindergarten every afternoon, and her two little brothers are good nappers, we get some time to spend together. And she ALWAYS has a story to tell me. Like all good storytellers, she knows her audience. There are two stories in particular that I wish I could share with you, but I cannot afford to lose any more friends!

Her opening lines have a great 'hook', like "You are NOT going to believe this!"

Today I stopped myself as I was about to relate one of her stories to THGGM. Instead, I said, "Famke has a REALLY funny story to tell you", and she jumped right in. And, yes. He thought it was very funny also. Maybe someday I'll be able to catch one of her stories on video.

These pictures are from Monday. It was a nice sunny and warm day. But I had brought over a coat for her that I found at a thrift store over the weekend. She was THRILLED to wear it. Even though it's a bit big.

Yesterday she threw up. Many times. That was NOT a story she wished to share, which was fine with me.

Today someone pushed a button on the TV which shut everything down. The TV is connected to a computer and has a bunch of auxiliary components. After a lot of button pushing I was able to get picture, but not sound. Not a problem, really, as it was a WONDERFUL day for playing outside. But after running around outside they came in exhausted and asked to watch Caillou. I reminded them that there was no sound, but they did not care. Famke and Kado were stretched out on a large mound of pillows and cushions. They sang the opening song together and continued on telling the stories by themselves. Either they watch waaaay to much Caillou, or Famke has a terrific memory for detail. Probably both.

Oh, and today was Picture Day at Jonge's school. Remind me to tell you about that sometime.




4 comments:

Janie Fox said...

our days are so similar. life is grand with the grands!

Melissa said...

Look at her fabulous hair!!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

I'm "ALL EYES" ;0)
Grands can Warm Your Heart and the best thing is you can Relive Those Moments! :0)

Tournesol said...

What a sweetie! Love the "your NOT going to believe this" , how cute. ( maybe if I started my stories off that way more people would listen : ) )