Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Let's Stand Together and Sing

It's time again for October Family Pictures.
Oh, how much easier it was when I could say "You are wearing this!", put them into the car, and demand that they smile (but not smile TOO big).
There are now twelve of us with one on the way.
I spent the morning unloading our fridge to make way for the new one.
That one was HUGE. We bought it when we had three teenagers and needed a big refrigerator.
The new one arrived in the afternoon. Along with a new dishwasher. Buying new appliances wasn't in the budget this year, even when I still had a job. But they were both leaking and it was going to have to happen soon anyway. So while we were at it, we threw in a new part for the boiler. Just for fun. Thankfully our needs are few and our wants are just that. Wants.
Today I learned how to turn off water in different places than the ones I already knew. My education is on-going.
Tonight THGGM and I had eye doctor appointments. We had not been for two years and one month - although it seems like we were just there last week. Anyway, they kept telling us what GREAT insurance we had. Good thing, as each of our glasses came to $350.
So, while getting ready to GO to the eye doctor the largest filling in my mouth decided to fall out. It actually 'plinged' right on the pretty pink tile in my bathroom. How DARE it!
THGGM has a dentist appointment next week. I, on the other hand, do not.
Thankfully we KNOW we are blessed. Not exactly with fabulous vision, good teeth, unfailing health, or reliable appliances, but one need not wander far to find those who have it much worse.
Everyday I remind myself to stand and sing the doxology. And I've learned that it is usually with those who have it much worse with whom I am singing.
Because when things are too good, we forget.
I was about to write how much I miss those little faces in the picture above. But I adore being the mother of adult children, and it's amazing to me what these three have accomplished. Especially considering that we are their parents.
And again, the doxology - with all of the Amens.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Singing the doxology right along with you with a l-o-n-g "Amen".

It's been close to 4 years since my last eye exam, and I KNOW I am due big time. And dentists...I just decided to let the teeth fall out until I can justify the expense of dentures. REALLY!

Enjoy those new appliances! Every perfect gift is from above!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"There are now twelve of us with one on the way. I spent the morning unloading our fridge to make way for the new one." You're putting the new baby in the FRIDGE?!

Melissa said...

I can Amen right along side of you. I was beyond stressed on Tuesday morning when I discovered that my main lens was going to need to be shipped in for repairs and I had a photo shoot that afternoon.

I called the client and she still wanted to go ahead with the shoot even though I told her my back-up lens had limited capabilities and that I felt the picture quality wasn't as good.

I hadn't slept good the night before, the day before had been a trial, I didn't want to do a shoot, Tim is cranky....

I prayed the entire way there. Told God I was completely incapable of taking good photos - I realize that any good photos I take are a gift from Him but now I needed Him to step in more than ever because, I couldn't do it.

I am working on the photos now and they are good way beyond my expectations and all I can say is 'Thanks God.' There is no way I could have done it without Him, my anxiety was through the roof, I haven't shot with this lens in three years so my 'feel' for aperture, light responsiveness, a focal range wasn't at all cued into the lens.

God is way better to me than I can ever dream of deserving.

Then this morning, as I lay in bed not being able to sleep. I prayed about some marriage stuff and prayed not only for me but for Tim and I felt so guilty for praying that Tim get his act together too. I prayed that our marriage could become more like it was meant to be....etc. Suddenly I realized how silly I was being, I acted as if God wanted me to plod through it and endure the trial. I acted as if God didn't want to bless me so I had no right to ask.

Suddenly, I realized I should ask. God wants our sanctification and He wants to bless us. He wants us to ask.

It still doesn't guarantee I get the answers I want but it sure opened my eyes.

God is amazing.