Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, October 13, 2011

If You Give a Boy a Box





Yay! We got a new dishwasher!



It is soooo quiet.



And the dishes are actually clean after the first go-round.



Of course, we recycled the box.



These pictures are actually from the second day of cardboard box play.



There's been more fun had with it since.






























They did require a second box to keep out Zeke.



This was Famke's idea, as putting up with two boys in need of diaper changes at various times during the afternoon was enough unsavoury odor for her.




8 comments:

daisymarie said...

Big boxes are the best. My kids loved them and my grandkids can't get enough.

Mitzi said...

When our children were small, they loved to play in big boxes. Another thing they loved(and you might try) is playing grocery store/kitchen. I saved small boxes and cartons from groceries till I'd accumulated quite a few and they just had a ball playing. It was always good for an afternoons play.

Rebecca said...

Oh, yeah! This is right up there for "fun & free" with tents over the clothesline! Great fun!

Mary Ann said...

So fun!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Kids have a Love Affair with boxes and pots n pans. :0)
Hope that box holds up awhile longer for them.

Melissa said...

boxes are the best...

Tournesol said...

Oh yes boxes are so much fun! I can't put a box or a paper bag on the floor without my cat crawling in i either.

Anonymous said...

our Maltese chose at Saint Nicolas (5 Dec) the box of a big coffeemaking machine as her Little House, she has also a basket and a cushioned niche, so she is the proud owner of three sleeping units downstairs.