Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 16, 2011

Not Sure Where the Weekend Went



THGGM spent most of it painting, papering, and sprucing up the bathroom off of our kitchen. And I must say, it looks wonderful. THGGM has gotten very handy in his old age. He even showed me some wallpapering tricks that my dad taught him.


My weekend was spent noticing odd things.


Nothing odd about Friday though. I got to have Feintsje all to myself all day long. A new favorite game of his is "Hey you! Watch me roll over!" LOVE this age when "How Big Is Feintsje?" NEVER gets old!


Now for the somewhat odd things.


Six high-school aged boys knocked on my door. Two of them had rakes. One of them asked if they could rake my yard. What was so odd was that ALL of the leaves were still attached to ALL of my trees. I had no idea what to say, so I pointed at the nearly leafless ground and muttered something like, "maybe later?"


There is a dead skunk in the road in front of our house. For how stinking long do those things stink? It smells as if everytime someone runs over it the stench is renewed. I don't like it.


The naturally available sparrow food must have run out. This morning sparrows were SCREAMING at our bird feeder. They came by the dozens and chirped their little hearts out while staring at me in the kitchen window. So THGGM filled it while I distracted them (he appears to have ptsd from having watched 'the birds' as a child - or maybe he just truly does not like birds, one cannot really say). And guess what? The bird feeder has not been touched. It's like they beg, but won't actually eat it until all of THGGM's cooties blow off.


And just for fun, we caught a mouse.


This week THGGM plans to start on the kitchen. A bit more painting and some wallpaper. Then, maybe, a refacing of the cupboards. He likes doing projects a little bit at a time. But, he likes to do this ALL THE TIME. I'm out of interesting places to put stuff. And we all know, I have a lot of stuff. Is that odd?


Once the kitchen is done, I am going to HAVE TO sort through stuff and either sell it or give it away. Because once it is DONE I can no longer say, "But these just might be the EXACT things I will need once the kitchen is done!"


This week, besides losing a filling, I broke a tooth.


I've been kind of a load lately.


Really whiny. I'm blaming it on hormones. And being odd. Old. I mean old.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skunk and dead animal will stink for ages, so get rid of it, if the garbage men won't take action, just scoop the dead thing up in a plastic bag (courage needed) and put in the bin just before they come to empty it. Get rid of the remaining stench by means of the cheapest (tomato)ketchup you can find, helps also when a dog or child gets sprayed by a skunk, wash with ketchup, then soap/shampoo, may be needed twice. I think you may need to give the road a squeeze of ketchup and a thorough sweep with a broom and water afterwards or you will have stench for weeks. Good Luck.

Melissa said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeew - we smelled a skunk on Saturday and I was so grateful we don't have them around here the way we did in the country growing up or at Dordt which is of course practically the country.

Getting odd, I mean old, is a fact of life.

Mitzi said...

Life is never boring is it? How lucky you are to have a handy husband. Baby is getting so big already and is so cute.

Rebecca said...

I'm afraid I've been kind of a load lately, too...It's just been one of those spells.

I'm glad to know what to blame it on now that I've read this post.

My word verification is "terdo". Can you believe it?!?

Debra said...

Oh Judy, you are such a delight. Thank-you for being you. Blessings, Debra