Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, November 14, 2011

Kitchen Wallpaper and Reading


Over the weekend THGGM was able to put up the wallpaper in the kitchen.

Here he is installing two shelves to go over both windows.

It's coming together nicely.

I'd show you, but catching any natural light seems to be a thing of the past.

Although I'm sure it is terrible for


ones health, the smell of the new vinyl wallpaper gives me that "Christmas morning new doll" feeling!

So, I'm going to pull out my kitchen Christmas tree and add the tin cookie cutters along with the cute little ornaments I got at IKEA.

And if it looks okay, I'll be scattering Christmas trees amongst the tins and enamel ware on the new shelves.

I found this great quote from Meriwether Lewis in the book I am reading:

"As I have always held it a crime to anticipate evils I will believe it a good comfortable road until I am compelled to believe differently."

Well doesn't that just about sum it all up?

It does for me.

(I'm reading Stephen E. Ambrose "Undaunted Courage".)




7 comments:

Tournesol said...

Love that quote! Really does sum it up. Timely too, I'm feeling a little anxious about dr appt tomorrow !

Karen said...

I love having shelves over the window. It really "cozies" up a room.

Rebecca said...

We, too, have shelves above just about any window feasible (a few of them are too close to the ceiling).

I would think that that wallpaper (which is lovely, by the way) would have been a challenge to get straight! Either very easy or very hard - probably depending on how square your corners/walls, etc. It would have been MURDER in our old house!

Kudos to your hubby! Looking forward to your Christmas.

Debra said...

Love the wallpaper! Love the shelves! Love the quote! (And love you, too!) :) Keep sharing your very inspirational ideas with those of us who are kinda sluggish in that area, ok? We need it. Blessings, Debra

Pat said...

Your husband is a very skilled wallpaperer. I once hung a checked wallpaper in my kitchen and it was terrible..those crooked walls of mine were a disaster! I do love the look of your paper and the shelfs will just make it the bees knees!

Janie Fox said...

I love that smell. Christmas doll exactly! I love new shower curtain liners that smell like that. I have taken to buying the cloth ones though and I miss the smell. Love shelves above windows. Most of mine have transoms so that is out for me.

Unknown said...

Fantastic Post...Thanks for Sharing
Best Pressure Cooker