Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Eleven More Days. How Can This Be?

It had been a very very loooong time since I was called upon to make a teacher's gift. Jonge told me that his kindergarten teacher LOOOVES home made presents the best, so he set about creating a snow scene in a tiny jello mold. He got it set up 'just so' and I came along with the hot glue gun and stuck it all together. It did concern him a bit that I might not know where my tape was (hahaha) but I showed him how it wasn't necessary when one has 'reuseable' wrappings and a lovely contrasting ribbon.

















Feintsje was in terrible pain today. Could it be teething? Or baby cereal? Just gas? He could only stay sleeping for about 29 1/2 minutes and the screaming would start again. This boy has never cried like this for me.













So, we all took our 'turns' entertaining him. Because if he had an adoring sibling to watch, he would calm down. Kado did several song and dance numbers which got them both giggling. That was a good sound to hear after the sad sad sounds of crying.

Famke and her doll did something involving the twirling of a cane and sommersaults.





















By the time Pake got home I was beat. Apparently, so was he. And as things go in my little world, everyone was insanely happy and sweet as soon as he walked in the door.















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are his topteeth through yet? Because, if they are not and Feintsje does a little "toothgnarling" in his sleep, those lower teeth look already full size and sharp, he might be hitting his uppergums with them, especially if the upper teeth are starting coming through in a few days, double pain! And, oh, does Feintsje resemble his Pake, I mean, when they are smiling/laughing of course. The sort of picture (like in roman) the character of the wordverify is very difficult to read, I hope I get it right. Nope, had to verify again, this one is easier reading.

Janie Fox said...

Penelope was grumpy yesterday and she never is. She isn't 4 mo old yet but my girls got teeth at 5 mo.
I finally figured out she was hungry. She had had a bottle and carrots earlier but she was not waiting.She had to eat sooner. She is breastfed and I don't think the morning bottle of breast milk she had was enough so after she got fed sooner than she usually does she went to sleep and slept a long time.
Her mom "oatmealed" it up last night
It helps produce more milk and it really works.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

I never get tired of seeing your grands. :0)
All have precious faces and I can't wait to see their expressions when Santa delivers his goodies.
(((hugs)))Pat

Anvilcloud said...

Nikki Dee requires 6 gifts for her various teachers and assistants.

Melissa said...

Poor baby...so good to have older sibs.


Love the wild and crazy look of Famke's hair.

Pat said...

My goodness, you are a wonder! In my opinion, what your are doing with your grands is so priceless, who needs gifts?

Debra said...

Oh Judy, what would we all do without your countdown to Christmas? It would probably sneak up on us and then we'd be in big, big trouble. heh. :) You have so much fun with your grandkids and it's a joy to watch you! Blessings, Debra

Rebecca said...

I'm reading this - like - three days later and just laughing out loud (guess that should be LOL) here. I figure it's safe to laugh now that some time has passed since Feintsje had his no-good-very-bad day...

And how typical it is that "everyone was insanely happy and sweet as soon as Pake walked in the door!"