Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Random Thoughts on a Beautiful Thursday

It is beginning to look fallish around here.
On Tuesday I tried to do the same to the inside of the house.  There are fake pumpkins on the mantle and a pumpkin-leafy centerpiece on a fall quilt on the dining room table.  It's a start.
It's becoming obvious to me that Pinterest is effecting my brain.  At least that is what I am going to blame my inability to stick with a thought for more than a minute or two.  On my days without grandkids I wander through my home finding several half-done projects all over the place.
Must find something to blame, other than an aging brain and a bucket full of crazy.
THGGM ordered Pumpkin Spice K-cups from Green Mountain Coffee (through amazon).  This is sooo wonderful.  It came yesterday and since then my heart has been beating rapidly, for some odd reason :D
Kado loved the smell of it and Feintsje dipped his binky into it a time or two.
Seriously.  You should get some for yourself.  If it's still available.
Oh, look!  I'm so kind I just took a picture of it for you.  I also lost about an hour of my life because I had to take many pictures as my reflection seemed to be showing up in the yellow cup.  We wouldn't want anybody to know that we are still in our pajamas at 2:00 in the afternoon now would we?  No.  We would not.
Last night I watched several things that I had taped on 9/11 from the History Channel.  Hold that thought a minute.  Did anybody else turn on TODAY on Tuesday to watch coverage of the events of 9/11?  I did, and was actually HORRIFIED to find that during the anniversary of the exact time of the first attack TODAY was showing a segment about Chris Jenner and her new boobs.  Seriously.  I don't care that it's been eleven years, TODAY could have at least participated in the moment of silence.   I am outraged.
So back to the History Channel.  I'm happy that they at least had programming that was honoring and respectful to that day.  You know, that other day that we thought would live in infamy, but apparently isn't going to.
After watching eye witness reports from September 11, 2001 I climbed in bed to catch up with my latest Civil War book, "This Hallowed Ground" by Bruce Catton.  Ugh.  Is it true that we do not learn from history because we do not study history?  Will we just continue to repeat mistakes until the end of time?  It certainly seems that way.  Oh for the Sermon on the Mount to catch on, because I don't want to 'study war no more'.
Anyway.., all that lead to some interesting dreams last night.  And then I woke up with a start thinking that I had to make 24 Christmas goody bags for one of my kid's (now all married adults) class at school.  My feet actually hit the floor as I was wondering what I would do since I KNEW (in my dream) that I only had sixteen candy canes and twenty-two small brown paper bags.  You wouldn't even believe what I dream when I watch Ancient Aliens.
It's very hard to be me, sometimes.  But there isn't anyone else to do it, so I plod onward.
Well my coffee is gone now and I'm still not clothed nor in my right mind so I'd best get to it before THGGM comes home and finds things not looking much different than when he left.



3 comments:

Pat said...

I now look for and recognize your pins on Pinterest, or else say to myself..Judy would like this one. Lord help me.

Alice said...

that's why I avoided pinterest in the first place!

Speaking of NOT learning from history, I'm reading Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas

Rebecca said...

I tracked down some of those K cups to give to a friend for her birthday party on Friday. Found 'em at Target. I asked her to open the gift before cake so I could have a cup myself! (Was that rude?

Your dream sounded more like a nightmare to me!