Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pictures from Our Day


THGGM and I left the house in the late morning, after being entertained by a flock of geese in our front yard.  Above you can see part of the flock.  The geese didn't do much honking, but everyone driving past certainly did!
Our destination was downtown Grand Rapids to see what we could see of Art Prize.  It was cold and drizzly.  So very fallish - and I LOVE that.  Our favorite part was just walking into the old Museum on Jefferson.  The picture of THGGM above is from that venue.  I miss the old Museum.  The new one is great, but the old one was fabulous.
After that we drove down Fulton where we found three 'new to us' antique stores.  Each one had it's own particular style.  We will be back.  The antique store we were actually headed to wasn't there any more.  So, we perused the artisan market.  Did I mention that it was cold?  It was cold.
Next we stopped for lunch at Arnies.  Canadian cheese soup, rye bread, and a salad.  This also seemed very fallish.
Did I mention that we left in the late morning?   By 2:30 I was back home drinking coffee and altering pictures on my computer.  THGGM napped.
At no point in the three and one half hours we were gone did I feel one bit rushed.  But look at all we did!
Have I mentioned lately that I love fall?  I do.  I LOVE fall.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Haven't you forgotten something? You didn't mention a thrift store.

Unknown said...

I'm loving this fall too! I cherish not feeling rushed...and in fact find myself resenting when others want to rush me...so not the way I used to be, but I'm finding I like it much better!