Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturday Soccer and Such

Today I spent the morning catching up on things around the house.  I'm almost done with that.  Then it was time for an early lunch at Hunan, a bit of thrift shopping, and Jonge's soccer game in the early afternoon.  It was a lovely crisp fall day for that.  So very cold, but I don't mind that.  Cannot stand the heat, so this felt much better than any 90 to 100 degree day we had this summer.  And I only found two things at the thrift store.  A ball of cotton thread and a beautiful doily.  Didn't even spend enough to get a punch on my punch card.
The afternoon involved more running around and we ended the day by watching the Detroit Tiger's win their first play-off game.  Youngest Son was at the game.  We looked and looked but could not see him in the crowd.
Now I'm off to read Jeff Shaara's "The Last Full Measure".  Although I DO know how the story ends, I'm still looking forward to reading it.  I think I have two more Civil War books to go and then I'm taking a break.  By the time I finish it should be time to start my Christmas reading.
Oh, yes.  I DO know that I forgot to post a September 25 Three Months Until Christmas post.  I'm still not on my desk top computer yet.  My technological skills are sadly lacking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Saturdays have been so busy, I've only been able to get to two of Asher's soccer games. So fun. Next we'll be doing Upwards basketball...