Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, December 08, 2012

Yesterday

Such fun!  We made cookies, we decorated upside down sugar cones as Christmas trees, we made decorations, and my favorite part of the day was that Famke did not get a fever!  Today she felt well enough to go to the practice for her church Christmas program. This is wonderful news people!

My next favorite part was helping Famke decorate her suitcase dollhouse for Christmas.  Even the Santa from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer showed up.  I wanted to redo the wallpaper and floor with some great Christmas scrap paper I've been hoarding for such a time, but she was perfectly happy with the house as is.  So we just added some trees, banners, and Santa.

I do not understand minimalists.  I ADMIRE them, but I do not understand them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too, if minimalists are happy living in showrooms, like in malls selling furniture, that is just fine. Me, I like living in a family house, with the paper within reach, cookies in a jar ON the table, toys around as long as the children are awake. I am happy that way and I love stuff (too much maybe). It is nice hearing Famke was feverfree and that look on the mummy's face "Really, we should have new wallpaper each Christmas? Oh my, I am with Famke, no need, just trees and wreaths and stuff!". Happy weekend. DM

Karen said...

I always love coming over here and seeing what fun you're up to. The suitcase dollhouse is lovely. I remember making one out of a shoebox one time.

MissKris said...

It looks like Famke got her hair cut! Adorable! The suitcase dollhouse has to be one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. Can I 'pin' you? You simply amaze me.