Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, December 06, 2012

Yesterday We Made Stuff

Yes.  We did make stuff yesterday.
Famke hasn't been to school all week due to a fever that appears eerily every twelve hours at 4:00.
She has seen the doctor, and he pronounced that she has croup and allergies.
When she doesn't have the fever, she feels fine, but when it hits, down she goes.


So while she was feeling well she made an advent chain,  star necklaces and banners with Kado, and had a tea party with Feintsje.

I also got out her little doll house suitcase and she decorated it for Christmas with bottle brush trees and little candles.

This year we have probably read more Christmas books than all other years combined.  I'm not sure why that is, but I LOVE it!

I also believe that I have seen "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" more times than I have in my lifetime just in the past two weeks.  Kado enjoys it very much.  Seriously, I think he has a crush on Cindy-Loo-Who as it makes him very mad when the Grinch steals her candy cane while she sleeps.

Is everyone else extremely tired at this time of year?  I feel as if I am wading through mud, even waking up tired.  Ugh.  But you know me, not one to complain!


9 comments:

Mary said...

Yes, Judy, I have that tired feeling.....I think it is the short days. Dark when I leave for work and as well as dark when I get home. Famke looks so cute. Hope she gets over that croup very soon. I do love How the Grinch Stole Christmas and I love little Cindy Lou Who. Rest well!

Rebecca said...

I do pretty well energy-wise but have to go to bed earlier. I'm SURE it is 'cause it's dark at 5:00!

How strange - the fever at 4:00 every day. Hope you all can track that down and get to the root of it!

I ♥ reading Christmas books and have quite a collection of them. You're probably not surprised by this information :)

Amy said...

Your creating memories they'll always tresure! ~Amy

Alice said...

Seriously, they might want to request an ENT (ear nose throat) consult.
She may very well have a Eustachian tube problem, and it is often a little beyond regular MDs.
Fevers, infections, and the problems with her ears are what cause me to alert. Better the second opinion then to end up with permanent damage.
Hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MissKris said...

I think it's Vitamin D deficiency, ha! I spent half my life out in Oregon feeling tired all the time, and I had it bad. The sun comes out, I perk right up. Poor Famke...my daughter has suffered horribly from allergies all her life. You learn to live with it, but it sure isn't pleasant.

Melissa said...

Yeah - we are tired and draggy here too - even the girls...