Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Let's Call It a Day

These two certainly can wear a body out.  The above picture is just ONE picture.  I'm leaning in the doorway so I can see both of them at the same time, which is how they must always be viewed.  Actually, the day went very well considering that there is a sick Jonge on the couch in the den, and a recovering Kado on the couch in the living room.

 So, to save the babies, and my sanity, I got out a laundry basket and the VERY sturdy box the dishes that I won came in (i was equally excited about the box!) and let them play in those for a while.

That lasted until Feintsje got the urge to climb again.
Jonge, Kado, and Hertsje took naps in the afternoon.
Feintsje would hear NOTHING of that.

Sadly, when one isn't feeling well - or in this case when FOUR aren't feeling well - naps don't help all that much.
For how miserable everyone looked, it really wasn't that bad of a day.

And at exactly ten after five, Feintsje FINALLY fell fast asleep.  Five minutes before his mommy walked in the door.

3 comments:

MissKris said...

Isn't that just the way it goes? Or 5 minutes before you pull into the driveway? Their timing is amazing, isn't it? Sure hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick at Christmas, that's for sure.

Rebecca said...

I love the elf & plaid lunch box! I love the box and basket.
I love it that he fell asleep just before his mother came.

Mary said...

You are a wonderful Beppe! Those grands are the sweetest. Catching up on blog posts. Two read and two more to read. You do know I love your blog.