Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, January 14, 2013

Hibernating in January

So far, hibernating in January hasn't been too hard to do.  Basically I hibernate all year, it's just that in January I MEAN TO.

Not much is new here.  The Christmas decor has been put away except for the things that are 'winter' and strings of light that I need in the darkness of January.

I put my Civil War reading aside for the holidays.  The Christmas reading that I did this year was wonderful.  Most of my time I spent reading an anthology I'd picked up years ago at a thrift store (where else?  yes.  i heard you!).  So now I'm wondering whether I should start reading the Civil War book that is presently on my lap, or if I should read something happier in these dark days of winter.

When I have free time I am perusing Pinterest.  I've got a bunch of (hopefully)good low-carb recipes pinned that I plan to try soon.  This month I've made several batches of lotion that have worked wonders on my dry hands.  But mostly I pin craft and repurposing ideas.  Like I need any more ideas.  But it's fun, and who doesn't need more fun in their life?

After all the Christmas parties were over we had our carpets cleaned.  THGGM had purchased a groupon for it.  It did not look bad immediately after they finished, but OH MY did it look AWFUL the next day.  One spot in particular was a stain that they said could not be removed.  It was a blueberry stain.  Well, the carpet cleaners couldn't get it out, but the stain remover recipe I found on Pinterest certainly did - and I had everything in the house to make it.  So the stains are coming up, but the carpet has the feeling like there is still A LOT of soap in it.

Well.  That was boring.

But seriously, when one is hibernating there really isn't all that much to say.





4 comments:

MissKris said...

We never had more than a couple of large area rugs in our house in Portland so I never needed a professional rug cleaning company to come in. Now, with wall-to-wall in our house here, it's still brand-new and we're PARANOID about walking on it with shoes, haha! But I think it'll be a while before we need to deep clean it. I used those rent-a-cleaner things in Portland, tho, and was amazed at what a good job they did. We've made the rule in this house the grandboys HAVE to eat at the kitchen table, at least since the new carpet's been laid. They're not too happy about it but oh well, lol! They can eat crackers and other CRUMBLY stuff while watching TV, but no popsicles, no salsa. Too bad, so sad. After shelling out $3600 or whatever it was for the new carpet, that's just TOO bad. I think the carpet that was here when we moved in had to have been close to the original...and this house was built in 1958, ha! Thank goodness our house in Portland sold so we had the money to do it! Otherwise, we'd still be walking around on the same old stuff!

MissKris said...

Oh, and I'm looking forward to hibernating too if Life calms down and I get a chance! :-)

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

My bedroom carpet is a real "eye sore", but it's my aging Pomerainian Lady or a new carpet.
Hands down..it's Lady!
Isn't it great that we have so many choices of where to spend our free time now that we found the internet. :0)
(((hugs)))

sapna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.