Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Light of Christmas

Oh, I know.  It's a bit late to be posting about Christmas.  But lest I forget and never remember again, THIS is the anthology that I have been enjoying.

Of the several Christmas anthologies I possess this is the one I return to each Christmas season because it simply has the most enjoyable stories in it.  Some of the other books I have contain a couple of good ones, but this one could easily be read from cover to cover without any disappointment.
"The Light of Christmas", copyright 1964, by Frances Brentano
Here is a sampling of the contents, so you can see for yourself what you've been missing!
"A Day of Pleasant Bread" by David Grayson, is among my personal favorites.

Okay now.  You've got plenty of time to find a copy of your own at your local thrift store, or look for it on line.

I hope that by next winter you will find yourself curled up under a quilt with a cup of hot chocolate and a warm dog/cat by your side with THIS book in your hands.

You will NOT be disappointed, I promise you that.

2 comments:

Tournesol said...

That looks like a wonderful book of stories, I will be keeping my eye out for it on my thrifting trips : ) ps there is never a bad time to talk about Christmas, I'm already thinking about next year!

Melissa said...

Sweetness - I know what you meant about some leaving you disappointed in their selections - I have a couple - I've never read again for that reason.