Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Picture of Kado for You.

Yes, it DOES look as if he is going to give you a great big kiss, but really what he is doing is showing me that he can chew gum now.  This is a BIG thrill to him, as he has watched his older brother and sister do this for years now.

Now it's his turn.

And he does it very well.

In other news, I'm reading the Civil War novel, Jacob's Ladder.

Next up I believe I shall read Roots.

I'm always happy to get up early on Tuesday morning to watch Civil War Journal on the History Channel.

It seems I may be stuck in the mid 1800's.

Seriously though, I've lately been thinking what a wonderful life I lead.

Who else gets to play with blocks all morning, watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood before lunch, eat dinosaur shaped peanut butter sandwiches and play Disney tunes on the piano all day long.  Some days they play 'mailman' and I get pictures of birds delivered to me by the dozens.  Other days they play 'restaurant' and I get to choose from fries, nuggets, or pizza.  Occasionally they let me in their tent.  These kids don't remember the days when the tent included a lamp, and lunch was served on china.  But they don't seem to mind.

Oh, yes.  I AM blessed and I know it.


4 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

MY...how he has grown!

Melissa said...

lovely brown eyes

Mary said...

And those grandchildren of yours are blessed. Cute pic of Kado. It seems like yesterday he was the baby. Time goes by so fast.

Tournesol said...

Yes, they have grown up so fast! Sounds like my kind of fun, hopefully I'll have grands someday to play with too : )