Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, March 09, 2013

10 Things in 10 Minutes

I'm going to give this another try.  This version will be 10 Things I Did on a Saturday in March.

1.  Had blood work done this morning.  The fasting kind.
2.  After blood work THGGM and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  We were hungry.  Not only did he need to fast, he had just come from donating plasma, which makes him hungry even when he doesn't need to fast.
3.  Our next stop was Nice Twice.  I found a lovely wooden highchair for Famke's dolls.  And some fabric scraps.  Someday I am going to do something with fabric scraps.  Oh yes I am.
4.  It was a beautiful sunny morning, so we drove to Holland to do a bit more thrift shopping at Ditto.  They seemed to be rather picked-over.  I did find some golf tees for the little boys to use as nails with styrofoam.
5.  Since we were so close to Wooden Shoe Antique Mall, of course we went there too.  I found a box filled with a fabulous amount of very very old Tinker Toys.  There are even pieces I never knew existed.  Even the fan-blade-thingies where still there - in green cardboard (sigh...).  The other things I found I'll have to take pictures of.  Seems like I used to have a blog where I did that.
6.  Surprisingly enough, by this time we were hungry again.  So we went to lunch.  At Hunan.  Yum.  THGGM got a raise so of course we had to celebrate.
7.  Of course, all that shopping and eating made us sleepy.  We came home so THGGM could nap and I could play Scrabble on Facebook.
8.  I also put away my array of snowman mugs.  There are still nineteen.  This means that I didn't find any more of them this season, and I also didn't break any.
9.  Surprise!  We went out antique shopping again!  Oh.  You are not surprised.  Yes.  We are rather predictable over here.  This time it was Century Antique Mall  and also Lost and Found.  I bought some more fabric scraps, this time in linen.  THGGM bought a wooden box and some test tubes.
10.  Can you guess what is missing from what would constitute a 'normal' Saturday for me?  Michael's Craft Store!  Yes, after antiquing we went to Michael's.  Well, THGGM dropped me off there while he went to Meijer to buy ice cream.  I was THRILLED to find that almost everything that I wanted to get there was 50% off.  But I didn't buy it.  Not the cute paper suitcase with owls on it.  Not the ceramic egg 'carton' that I've had my eye on, not even the ceramic berry basket that I actually WENT there to buy.  The prices could not have been better.  But I didn't need any of it.  Instead I picked up a sale pack of blank cards and envelopes.

Well there you have it.  Not much over 10 minutes.

This evening, since we had spent the entire day together and had nothing left to say that hadn't already been said, THGGM went into the basement to watch a movie.  I  surfed Pinterest while listening to "Love It or List It" on HGTV.  And played more Scrabble on Facebook.  And drank hot chocolate with a few shakes of cayenne pepper in it.  Time to finish reading "Jacob's Ladder".  It's getting close to Appomattox.

Hope your Saturday was as fun as mine!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I feel like I went to college all over again and graduated with a degree in golf tees & cayenne pepper--two subjects I didn't take the first time!

What a WONderful way to spend a Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Really Scrabble, like it. But I love Bejeweled more, just a download and i do not do the fast part yet. I totally love winning from myselves alter egos in the scorelist, a childs hand is easily filled, even at 65. Waiting for the grandchild at a distance to arrive at your almost doorstep! DM

Melissa said...

I can't evening look at Pinterest in the evening or night. My mind goes into overdrive and I can't sleep for all the ideas swirling around in it.

The older I get the fewer things I can do at night because they keep me awake!!