Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, March 08, 2013

10 Things in 10 Minutes

 Let's see if I can do this:

1.  Today I moved the dining room buffet into a different corner so that the deacon's bench THGGM found over the weekend could go in front of the dining room window.  I am much stronger than I look, apparently, because I was able to haul a bunch of heavy stuff around without breaking a sweat.  And I didn't even leave too much of a mess.

2.  I'm catching up on laundry.  How I fall behind on this is beyond me.  It's not like it's hard to do or anything.

3.  My dear friend Anne is coming all the way from Maine to visit in only a month.  I am very excited!

4.  Two nights ago I had another one of my very strange dreams.  In the dream THGGM and I were getting ready for a meeting at a house we had just moved into.  Suddenly, every room developed a leak in the ceiling.  While I ran for buckets, THGGM was welcoming everyone in at the front door.  There weren't enough buckets.  Hmm.  I think I just figured out what this dream means...

5.  But I'm not going to tell you.

6.  I'm getting very excited for spring!  Except for one terrible horrible no good very bad thing - the spring clean-up of the back yard.  Yuck.  Every year I ask THGGM if we could just order new top soil to spread around, but he apparently sees no need to do that.  Maybe new sod?  Ugh.  The down side of having a dog.

7.  In case you were wondering, I am still getting rid of things.  Not quite at the clip I had been on, but I've gotten rid of all of my restaurant china and I'm still working on books.  And I watch Hoarder shows.  That helps more than anything.

8.  I am still reading the Civil War novel Jacob's Ladder.  It is very hard to read, it's that good.  I still cannot understand how anyone can hate someone so much that they want them dead.
9.  Maybe I could have done 10 Things in 10 Minutes, but my internet went down.  For several hours.  And I lost half of number eight in which I went into great detail about my book and my desire to go to Gettysburg this year.  

10.  Now I cannot remember what number 9 and 10 were about.  I remember that they were wordy, but what those words were I no longer remember.  Sigh...

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I think you should come here and get rid of stuff for me.

Karen said...

I like this idea of 10 things in 10 minutes. But, I'm afraid my mind would freeze up and I'd stall on #3. Maybe I'll give it a try anyway.

Marguerite said...

Is 10 things in 10 minutes a challenge from someone else, or did you challenge yourself? Not sure I can do it but thinking about trying.

Marguerite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.