Sunday, April 21, 2013
Ten in Ten
2. Let's begin with the rain and flooding. No flooding at our house and the sink hole remains firm-ish. I did go outside with my cue stick and poke around in it just to be sure. I'm fun like that.
3. Not so good at the condo that belonged to my parents. The sump pump failed and covered the basement with water. One wouldn't think of it as being close to the Grand River, but really, it is.
4. I've been feeling poorly since Wednesday evening. Apparently there is a limit to how many times one can be sneezed on before one catches something.
5. Thursday night I had an ocular migraine. Although I'm happy to report that it is the first one I have had in a very loooong time. Actually, I haven't had one since the last time I had one. Funny how that works.
6. This put a crimp into the road trip we were planning to make to Frankenmuth on Saturday. Instead, THGGM went by himself to look at a car. He was all excited about that.
7. On Thursday all I did was watch the news reports about the flooding in and around Grand Rapids. Daughter could not get the kids to school due to the extremeness of the flooding close to her home. 150 people had to be evacuated only a mile from where she lives. The creeks around here went crazy. Their sump pump didn't fail, but water still managed to find its way into their basement.
8. Then on Friday I was glued to the developing news out of Boston, from the time I got up until the time I wet to bed. Normally I wouldn't have done that, but since I was feeling ill and was laying around anyway (and we were told not to do laundry or dishes due to the flooding) I perched myself on the couch with many a hot or cold drink for my sore throat and watched and watched and watched. I shouldn't have. But I did. I was very careful to watch only news sources that were running on a delay as I did not want to see anything graphic. But really, in this world we live in now is that even possible? I think not.
9. I also had my Facebook site up. And wouldn't you know that even when one is trying to be very careful to avoid certain images it has become impossible to do so with a high degree of success. Someone posted to Facebook a very very very graphic photo from the Boston Marathon bomb sight. Why would someone DO that? I happen to know that having seen that, I will never be the same again. Nobody needs to see those images. NOBODY. But they are out there, and that means they'll be around till the end of time.
10. Today I'm still coughing and sneezing - both which have undesirable side effects - but THGGM suggested that we take a ride to look at different things. That was nice. Except for the part when we were nearly sideswiped on the highway. Much of the farmland between here and Lake Michigan looked like rice paddies. But the sun was shining.