Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, August 28, 2013

And Summer Draws to a Close...

This is the last day I will have Jonge and Famke this summer.  And my great nephew on the right will be going to preschool all day four days a week.  So these five will have to wait until next year to spend another hot day playing in the pool together.
I do believe that this was the best summer of my life.  Seriously.  I loved every minute of it.
So come on Fall, I am ready for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No.please, hold on to summer, we have had it for only a month now, it seems to have been warm enough, but with grey skies I do not feel it is summer. These golden Indian summer days are ideal for me, I can sit outside in the shade and embroider, put on a knitted sweater or gansey and enjoy air that is warm enough to be outside and cool enough to breath fresh air (I hate hot and dry air, not the warm and wet air in planthouses, I can walk there for an hour, but give me tropical heat and I wilt). I take it, those five can play sometimes in the weekends together. Now, a few nice weeks and then, please, a golden autumn, autumn light is like gold and spring to summer is more like silver, did you notice? Look at walls in late sunlight or look up at the sun for a fraction of a second, you will see what I mean. Has anybody out there noticed the moon is with us most days of the year? We are on the 53d latitude and I have for years now greeted the moon in daytime, everytime I see it/him. The sun is a she, her name in my world is Jeltje and that, of course, is a Frisian name, for a boy it is Jelle or Jelte. Have fun with autumntimes and watch it, because, it is winter and Christmas before you know it. DM